Monday, April 5, 2010

Planes, Trains and Automobiles

With my profession, I have the luxury of traveling from client to client all over the country. Hopefully someday I'll have a job that takes me all over the world. This perk has both its ups and downs like most things in life.  Besides the hotel points, frequent flyer miles, and all expenses paid meals, there is another aspect of the travel that I love.  The thing that I love the most about my traveling job is that for a brief moment while flying thousands of feet high, there is a moment, no matter what city I'm going, where I look out the plane window and imagine that I'm going someplace exotic- a piece of untouched territory that I can call my own.  And I am reminded of how vast this world is and how many places I haven't seen and want to see.  There's nothing like viewing the sunset from an airplane window- it seems to go on forever and in some ways, it feels like you get to see it set and rise at the same time.  I am never bored when I have the blessing of a window seat- all the things I dream and think about are endless. Next time you're flying somewhere and you're lucky enough to get a window seat- look out the window, enjoy the view, and think of all the places that are out there, even the places you can't imagine exist, and dream of a time when you will be able to see them all. 

It will probably take me a lifetime to see all the places that I desire, but isn't that what its supposed to be about, going from one adventure to the next?

If you can't get away on an adventure anytime soon, check THIS out. It never fails to get me pumped up. Maybe someday my blog will look and sound a little bit more like that! 



No comments:

Post a Comment