Thursday, May 31, 2012

Kick Some Serious Asana

I recently invested in a new yoga mat- The Mat by Lululemon.  For some people, you either love Lululemon for it's pricey goodness or you hate it because of it's pricey goodness.  I can't argue that Lululemon is the the Pottery Barn of yoga gear, but I have to say, everything I've purchased has been WELL worth the price and great quality.



I decided to buy a new mat because 1. my current, Ross's, mat wasn't giving me enough support and 2. I was tired of washing my yoga mat towel 4 times a week.  So I invested in a mat that was recommended to me by numerous people and especially designed for hot yoga.  I don't know about you guys, but when I take a hot class, I tend to end my class in a pool of sweat- seriously my shins sweat, which I didn't think was even possible.   After my work trip to Boston last week, I was welcomed by a lovely package... my new mat had arrived and just in time for my class Friday morning.  So, I gave it a shot and I must say, this mat did not disappoint.  I will admit that it was my hottest class, but I did sweat a good amount and I didn't slip once.  In fact, I even got stuck to my mat at one point.  I'm officially hooked.  All I need to bring to class now is this mat, a hand towel and a smile and I couldn't be happier.  This mat really does kick some serious asana. 

If you love your mat and don't want to part with it, but need something to help with the slip factor in your hot classes, I highly recommend getting your hands on the Manduka eQua Mat Towel which I also have and it is absolutely amazing. 

No comments:

Post a Comment